In my ten years of motherhood (wow, has it been that long?), I can only say this — children have this natural way of bringing us back on our knees to embrace some simple truths of life.
There are so many more to mention, but here are the top 20 lessons I’ve rounded up this year:
- There is always grace for spilled milk.
- We don’t have to color in the lines to make something beautiful.
- Life was never meant to fit neatly into matching bins anyway.
- Creativity and inspiration are worth every bit of the mess.
- Stop for memories. Dustballs can wait.
- Go outside and play.
- Patience is a forever lesson.
- Sharing is more fun.
- Kindness goes a lot farther than a tantrum.
- Time outs are for everyone.
- We can’t always be the best, but we can always try our best.
- Sometimes what we see is not the whole picture.
- Never outgrow wonder.
- Go ahead, when it rains, splash in a few puddles.
- When the monsters come at night, pray.
- A silent act of kindness can be more powerful than a thousand words.
- Losing a game can be more valuable than winning it.
- When we find happiness in our God given uniqueness, we become the most sincere artists.
- Yes, there are times in our lives when we need to brave a corner of the sandbox alone.
- No life is small. We all make a difference! 🙂
What life lessons have you learned this year?